Current Top Sellers
The first premium wireless aviation headset, Tango blends outstanding noise cancelation, renowned Lightspeed comfort, and wireless convenience.
With no cables to get in the way and critical controls — including volume and ComPriority™ — located on the headset, Tango creates an entirely new level of flying enjoyment and untethered freedom.
4044 - Tango US / CAN - Dual GA plugs, battery
- Lightspeed Link™ technology — At the heart of Tango is Lightspeed Link. Developed by Lightspeed engineers to ensure the reliable communication pilots demand, Lightspeed Link is not Bluetooth or WiFi, but incorporates existing technologies chosen for both signal reliability and audio quality for the aviation environment. The Lightspeed Link connection is so robust, as many as six Tango headsets can be operated in the same aircraft, letting everyone onboard experience the true freedom of wireless flight.
- Panel interface — The panel interface is the vital hub of the Lightspeed Link system, routing communication between the headset, the intercom, and auxiliary devices. Wrapped in an attractive and durable case, it houses the lower cable, which is adjustable to 31 inches. Weighing just under 9 ounces and with multiple mounting points, no upper cables, and critical controls located on the headset, the panel interface can be mounted conveniently and securely in any aircraft.
- 21st century power — In yet another Lightspeed first, Tango is the first aviation headset powered by rechargeable lithium ion batteries, a power source trusted in countless critical applications. Lightspeed's rechargeable lithium ion batteries deliver twelve hours of continuous operation while offering earth and wallet friendly reusability in a compact size. Additionally, a single battery, seperate wall charger can be purchased to charge Tango li-ion batteries.
- The Tango dual-port wall charger can quickly charge both the headset and panel interface batteries at the same time, providing 75% charge in less than an hour and a full charge in two hours. The batteries can also be charged while the headset is in use or easily replaced on the go. The battery for the headset and panel interface are interchangeable, and spare batteries can be purchased separately.
- Built-in redundancy — The panel interface also stores the backup cable, instantly available for uninterrupted communication, in the event the batteries become depleted.
- Outstanding quiet — Tango delivers the advanced noise cancellation you expect from Lightspeed.
- Remarkable comfort — Tango features plush ear seals with large openings and nearly 10 square inches of surface area for a better seal and greater distribution of side pressure.
- FlightLink compatible — Capture and retrieve incoming and outgoing communications with Lightspeed's free FlightLink recording app for the Apple® iPad® and iPhone® via the supplied patch cable.
- Choice of auxiliary inputs — Enjoy excellent call clarity, music fidelity, and access to critical alerts from aviation apps on mobile devices using either the supplied patch cable or Bluetooth
- ComPriority™ — Never miss important radio communications with patented ComPriority, which lowers the volume of any auxiliary device automatically during radio or intercom transmissions.
- Auto Shutoff™ — Lightspeed's proprietary Auto Shutoff feature saves battery life by automatically shutting down the headset and Panel Interface power when not in use.
- Reversible microphone — A unique design allows microphone placement on the left or the right.
- Included — Custom molded carrying case, music patch cord, cord clip, two lithium ion batteries (only one included with LEMO panel power headsets), two charging cables, dual-port wall charger.
- Available Configurations — Dual GA battery power (rechargeable lithium ion); LEMO panel power*; U-174 (heli) battery power (rechargeable lithium ion).
- *Panel power is only provided to the panel interface. The headset still requires a rechargeable lithium ion battery (included).
- 30-day money back guarantee — Lightspeed Aviation headsets are designed to be the best available anywhere, for any price. But we know that every cockpit and pilot is different. That's why we offer a 30-day money back guarantee. If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase for any reason, return the product for a full and prompt refund.
- 5-year warranty
- Made in USA
- General: Battery power supply: 3.7V rechargeable lithium ion battery
- Headset Weight (with battery): 18 oz.
- Transducer: 40mm moving coil
- Frequency response: 20 Hz–20 kHz
- Nominal impedance when wired with backup cable at 1 kHz: Mono: 180 ohms, Stereo: 250 ohms
- Transducer principle: Noise-canceling electret
- Frequency response: 200 Hz–6000 Hz
- Maximum SPL: 114 dB
- Terminating impedance: 220–2200 ohms
- Operating voltage: 8V–16V DC
- Maximum SPL: Greater than 120 dB at 100 Hz
- Bluetooth Enabled Phone: Yes
- Bluetooth Audio (A2DP): Yes
You may return most new, unopened items within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).
You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, however, in many cases you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, simply login to your account, view the order using the "Complete Orders" link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We'll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we've received and processed the returned item.
We can ship to virtually any address in the world. Note that there are restrictions on some products, and some products cannot be shipped to international destinations.
When you place an order, we will estimate shipping and delivery dates for you based on the availability of your items and the shipping options you choose. Depending on the shipping provider you choose, shipping date estimates may appear on the shipping quotes page.
Please also note that the shipping rates for many items we sell are weight-based. The weight of any such item can be found on its detail page. To reflect the policies of the shipping companies we use, all weights will be rounded up to the next full pound.